NucleoSpin 8/96 Soil
The NucleoSpin 8 Soil and NucleoSpin 96 Soil kits are optimized for high-throughput extraction of DNA from a wide range of soil or sediment samples using either centrifugation or vacuum processing. The kits use mechanical disruption (with ceramic NucleoSpin Bead Tubes) and highly specialized buffer combinations to typically extract 2–10 µg of pure DNA from 500 mg of soil, sludge, or sediment. For data and details on centrifugation and vacuum processing, see our NucleoSpin 8/96 Soil technical note.
- High-quality DNA from diverse soil samples
- Different lysis buffer options for optimal processing of a variety of soil sample compositions
- Ceramic beads for more efficient lysis using mechanical homogenization
- NucleoSpin Inhibitor Removal Strips/Plate for eliminating all PCR inhibitors, such as humic substances
|NucleoSpin 8 Soil||NucleoSpin 96 Soil|
|Technology||Silica membrane technology||Silica membrane technology|
|Format||8-well strips||96-well plates|
|Processing||Manual or automated, vacuum or centrifugation||Manual or automated, vacuum or centrifugation|
|Starting material||<500 mg soil, sludge, or sediment||<500 mg soil, sludge, or sediment|
|Fragment size||50 bp–approx. 50 kb||50 bp–approx. 50 kb|
|Typical yield||2–10 µg (from 500 mg soil)||2–10 µg (from 500 mg soil)|
|Elution volume||100–200 µl||100–200 µl|
|Preparation time||150 min/6 strips||150 min/plate|
|Binding capacity||50 µg||50 µg|
- Total DNA from microorganisms in soil and sediment
- qPCR, PCR, microarrays, any kind of enzymatic reaction
Takara Bio USA, Inc.
United States/Canada: +1.800.662.2566 • Asia Pacific: +1.650.919.7300 • Europe: +33.(0)1.3904.6880 • Japan: +81.(0)77.565.6999
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES. © 2019 Takara Bio Inc. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of Takara Bio Inc. or its affiliate(s) in the U.S. and/or other countries or their respective owners. Certain trademarks may not be registered in all jurisdictions. Additional product, intellectual property, and restricted use information is available at takarabio.com.